The Reepham Safer Neighbourhood team of Norfolk Constabulary offers a few simple tips for festive security this Christmas:
- Close curtains when dark to prevent thieves looking in.
- Use timer switches so it looks like you are home.
- Remember to secure windows, doors and outbuildings.
- Record serial numbers, take photos of valuable items and mark them with a police approved marking system – it makes them worthless to thieves.
- Always lock your car and never leave belongings on show, even in carparks.
- Shred personal items to prevent possible identity theft.
- Keep wallets, bags and any valuables on you hidden.
- Don’t advertise new goods; never leave empty packaging.
To report an incident to the police, call 999 or 101 for a non-emergency, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org