A gift shop established more than 20 years ago in Reepham has announced it is to close in February.
Sue Cutting, owner of Very Nice Things in the Market Place, has decided to close the business set up in 1997.
A notice on Facebook said: “After 23 years I have decided it’s time for a rest. We will be closing at the end of February 2020. It’s one of the hardest decisions I have ever made.
“We will see you all in the New Year and I will keep you posted with details of our final few weeks
“To Jackie and Mandy, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
A selection of comments posted on Facebook:
- “This is really sad news, Sue. You are a true part of Reepham.”
- “So sorry, you’ll really be missed. I wish I could help keep you open!”
- “Selfishly, I’m gutted to be honest, as I always come here for a present with a difference or one of your lovely cards.”
- “This is so sad, Sue. You and everyone will be so sorely missed. You’re like a family to us.”
- “It will be a shame to lose Very Nice Things. I will miss popping into the shop and seeing you all from time to time over the years.”
- “So sad to hear this. I love your shop so much. Best wishes to you all at Very Nice Things for the future.”
- “I’m really sorry to hear that, Sue. You will be missed by me and many others.”
- “So sorry to hear this news. I feel as if I have been on the journey with you. Good luck for the future.”
- “Really sad to read this. Have loved your shop since moving here nine years ago. You will be missed.”
- “You and the girls will be sadly missed. I remember when you had the little shop across the road.”
- “So sad to be reading this. We love your shop and you will be really missed.”
- “Sue, so sad you are closing.”
- “I’m really sad to read this. Thanks for giving me a chance to sell my cards in your shop.”
- “Oh Sue, that’s so sad. People come from all around because they know that they can find something different. We’ll be very sorry to see you go and wish you all the best for the next stage in your life.”
- “We will miss your little shop.”
- “So sorry to hear this news, Sue. It must have been a very hard decision to make. You have created such a lovely shop, a real asset to Reepham. You will be greatly missed.
- “This is so sad. I absolutely love your shop. It’s the first place I come to when I’m in need of a gift.”
- So sad to hear that Reepham will be losing you. You will be truly missed, Sue.”
- “That is so sad. Very Nice Things is one of my favourite shops.”
- “You’ve been an integral part of Reepham for us, but I think you’ve earned your peace.”