The Dial House, formerly the Old Brewery House, has announced its latest schedule of refurbishment and proposed building work, as well as new graphics and logos for the business and residential development, which is planned to comprise 18 new homes. The restaurant and interiors shop is now planned to open in September.
With the main building in Market Place, Reepham, being refurbished by the new owners, Byfords of Holt, the mock fireplace in the front room has already been removed, as has the bar, reception, contents of the cellar, carvery unit and bathroom suites in the 1970s wing.
The carpets have been taken up to unveil old floorboards and tiled floors; original fireplaces have also been revealed.
The Dial House, which recently held clear-out sales every Wednesday, has also started to form the look of its graphics and visual identity, and is keen to get residents’ views.
Pictured above left is the logo for the main house including the restaurant, interiors and rooms; on the right is The Dial, which will be the residential development at the back of the site. Please email your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rough guide to schedule
Phase 1 of the project, which will last until September 2014, involves refurbishing the roof, windows, toilets and exterior of the building in preparation for the restaurant and retail offering in the ground floor of the main building.
Phases 2 and 3, from September 2014 to July 2015, sees the first six houses of the residential development being built, with the remaining 12 units being constructed in Phases 4-6 from August 2015 to March 2018.
Phase 7 envisages 11 hotel bedrooms being refurbished from April 2018 to December 2019.
Specification of the houses
In terms of pricing of the houses, a clearer idea will emerge when planning is in place and it is known exactly how many units can be built. If all goes as expected, this will be a “quality development forming a community of 18 houses in a unique location”.
Download the latest site plan HERE
- 1-2 The Dial: two bedrooms, 1,000 sq. ft.
- 3-5 The Dial: three bedrooms, 1,200 sq. ft.
- 6-10 The Dial: three bedrooms, 1,200 sq. ft.
- 11-14 The Dial: three bedrooms, 1,350 sq. ft.
- 15-17 The Dial: four bedrooms, 2,000 sq. ft.
- The Well: four bedrooms: 2,000 sq. ft.
- red brick consistent with the rest of site, lime mortar
- timber cladding where appropriate to match the windows
- hardwood windows – scale and sizing of sash, but different design
- traditional pantile roof tiles
- Lindab gutter and downpipes
- 1-5 The Dial: one covered space per house, central bin store
- 6-17 The Dial: one garage space and store/one other space – all other houses
- courtyard gardens for 1-10 The Dial
- grass gardens for 11-17 The Dial
- air source – fan hidden externally and accumulation tank internally nearby
- underfloor downstairs
- radiators upstairs
- tiles – kitchen and dining
- wood – living room and stairs
- carpet – upstairs
- tiles – bathroom
- open plan living with diner and kitchen
- wood-burner if possible
- separate space where possible
- broadband connection
- network sockets where appropriate
- excellent quality units
- electric hob and oven
- integrated dishwasher
- granite worktop
- two-bedroom houses – both en suite
- three bedroom houses – master en suite, then family bathroom for other two bedrooms
- four bedroom houses – two en suites and two bedrooms with shared bathroom
- Duravit/similar standard
- walk-in wardrobe in master bedrooms where possible
- built-in wardrobes in preference over free-standing wardrobes
- 6 ft bed in master bedrooms
- 5 ft beds in other bedrooms
Restaurant and interiors shop
It is now planned that the restaurant and interiors shop will open in September. The Dial House is currently looking for a lead chef with a love and passion for food and leading a team. The restaurant will run a daily changing small menu of seasonal, interesting food.
A cake making area will also be created in the restaurant, complete with AGA and the introduction of the Dial House cake trolley. Cakes and bakery goods will be a strong part of the restaurant offer, and a talented cake baker is also sought.
If you are interested in either of these two positions or keen to join the team in general, please apply by email: email@example.com or call 07817 732400.