Police in Reepham are urging members of the public to keep a close-eye on their heating oil tanks this winter.
Historically across the county during the winter months, there is an increase in the theft of domestic heating oil.
Members of the public are being encouraged to regularly check oil levels over the next few months as officers from the local Safer Neighbourhood Team continue to raise awareness of the issue.
Reepham SNT will be holding a series of street briefings giving local people the chance to discuss any issues or concerns they may have and get advice on how to protect oil tanks.
Dates for the diary:
- Tuesday 3 December, 11 am – 12 noon, outside Cawston Post Office
- Wednesday 4 December, 2 pm – 3 pm, Felthorpe Pavilion car park
- Thursday 5 December, 11.30 am – 12.30 pm. outside Foulsham village store
- Friday 6 December, 10 am – 11 am, outside Swannington bus shelter
- Saturday 7 December, 10 am – 11 am, outside Great Witchingham bus shelter
- Sunday 8 December, 11am – 12 noon, outside St Andrews Church, Attlebridge
To find out more about the Reepham SNT, visit www.norfolk.police.uk